Technical Test Specialist/Test Automation Engineer
Contact: Michelle Bishop
Thank you, your Application has been submitted...
We’re looking for a collaborative, agile player who is an experienced Technical Test Specialist to join a truly global business!
What’s in it for me?
Headquartered in Christchurch with teams across Asia, UK and Europe and the USA, our client are a truly global brand. With a proud history of innovation and thought leadership, they are one of the world’s leading designers and manufacturers of specialist control technologies which enable people to live life to the full.
With a strong road map planned for new systems and technologies, they're looking for a driven and self-motivated person to join them in this newly created position. As a lead in the QA/Test space, and as part of an established Agile team, you'll have a genuine opportunity to influence test activity associated with development of products and services delivered across modern web/cloud/mobile platforms.
What would I be doing?
The Technical Tester will be responsible for providing test expertise and leadership across the development of cloud and mobile technology projects, considering risks and benefits to the business when making technical decisions around the future of test. A key component of the role is to lead the overall test strategy, continuing to develop automation test coverage and driving forward a standardised approach to Test within the agile setting.
Key tasks include:
- Performing technical test activities including design, documentation, test automation creation, review, communication, at an advanced level of competence.
- Create opportunities to build a sense of community across the function.
- Provide technical leadership in area of expertise and help team members develop their technical knowledge and skills.
- Follow agreed Agile behaviours and processes, as agreed by the team and the Design department.
- Leverage experience to provide advice to inexperienced team members – both at a technical and leadership level.
What do I need?
We are ideally looking for experienced Test professionals with 5 or more years of Technical and Automation test experience, teamed with a Bachelor's Degree in a Technical/Engineering field. You will be well versed in current and best practice QA principles and testing techniques and methodologies, and ideally have experience testing within a mobile device environment. Experience in leading technical decision making and helping others understand technical aspects related to the field would be highly beneficial.
We are also seeking demonstration of the following:
- Strong investigative, analytical and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong sense of ownership and thoroughness, with high level of attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to plan, prioritise and make decisions.
- Ability to proactively identify risks, and drive action to mitigate and resolve issues.
- A high level of emotional intelligence, including: openness to new experiences; resilience; influencing skills; and creating effective interactions.
- Possess strong customer focus ethos recognising both internal and external needs.
- Ability to communicate clearly to all stakeholders, both at a technical acceptance level and at a delivery/priority level.
What do I do now?
Please register your interest by applying now!