Back end Cloud Developer
Contact: Michelle Bishop
Thank you, your Application has been submitted...
We’re looking for a collaborative, agile player who is an experienced back end Cloud Developer to join our Christchurch based client.
What’s in it for me?
Headquartered in Christchurch with teams across Asia, UK and Europe and the USA, our client is truly a global brand. With a proud history of innovation and thought leadership, they are one of the world’s leading designers and manufacturers of electronic control technologies, and are now driving forward into the world of Informatics.
With a strong road map planned for new systems and technologies, they're looking for a driven and self-motivated person to join them in their Agile development team. A senior position in an established team, you'll have a genuine opportunity to influence the development of products and services, and contribute not only to a company dedicated to the bettering the quality of life for their end users, but also to new and exciting product offerings.
What would I be doing?
The Cloud Developer is responsible for developing secure, scalable API’s to act as the back end for an established set of mobile and web application solutions. This is a technical leadership position that contributes to best practice and mentoring for other team members. With this in mind, you will be influential in identifying areas of technical and safety risk, and ensuring that implementation strategies align with the design-group goal of design reuse.
The role requires close working relationships with all functional departments within the business, and requires communication, interaction, and building relationships with external suppliers/subcontractors, local design organisations and direct customers when required.
Key tasks include:
- Making technical decisions that consider the risk and benefits to the business in the development of Cloud applications.
- Champions the use of common designs/architecture across the product ranges for design/support efficiency.
- Defines, documents and develops secure, scalable web APIs that act as the back end for mobile and web applications.
- Provides technical leadership and guidance in the area of Cloud development.
- Works directly with internal customers (such as Marketing, UX, Systems, Hardware, Software, Test Engineering) to determine and define technical solutions that meets both the customer needs and the business constraints.
What do I need?
We are ideally looking for experienced professionals with 5 or more years of development experience, with Cloud technologies, ideally experienced developing across various platforms and languages. This will ideally be teamed with a Bachelor's Degree in a Technical/Engineering field.
You will be well versed in current and best-practice software design and testing techniques and methodologies.
Key skills and Knowledge for the Cloud Developer include:
- 5 or more years’ commercial industry experience with large applications, covering WebAPI, C# and MVC
- Experience with Azure or AWS
- NoSQL experience
- Integrating security features into commercial solutions.
- Experience of current and best-practice development and testing techniques and methodologies.
Please register your interest by applying now, or for a confidential discussion contact Michelle Bishop, Lead Recruitment Consultant at Sourced Ltd on 03 928 1402