Research Engineer - Automation
Contact: Chris Woods
Thank you, your Application has been submitted...
What’s in it for me?
This truly is an outstanding opportunity to join an established, iconic manufacturing company in a pure R&D role. You will be responsible for investigating and developing machine processes and technologies, both existing and emerging, to solve engineering problems and to add new functionality to an established product base.
What would I be doing?
With an ongoing focus on intelligent manufacturing and automation you will work as the R&D Automation Technology Specialist investigating and integrating new technologies. Specifically you will be:
- Managing research projects to ensure they are on time and within budget.
- Contributing to research project scoping activities, including identifying new technologies and setting technical and commercial goals.
- Conducting research and development that takes ideas through to workable proof of concepts that can be commercialised.
- Maintaining an awareness of customer problems and needs by sharing and seeking feedback.
- Providing technical advice and assistance as new technologies are commercialised to resolve implementation issues.
- Conducting field tests, prove or modify theoretical propositions on the basis of research findings or experience of others.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams and create an inclusive environment to execute a research project with the best possible outcome.
- Taking measurements, recording observations, collecting, compiling and processing data.
- Summarise research results and communicate findings to stakeholders.
- Working always with the Health and Safety of yourself and others front of mind.
This role requires an intermediate level Automation Engineer with around 5 years experience, including:
- Proven previous experience of machine control systems including motion control, hydraulics, pneumatics, control architectures, PLC and HMI programming.
- Proven experience in working with robot applications.
- Proven experience in working with machine vision systems.
- Knowledgeable on leading brands of motion control components.
- Familiarity with high level programming languages would be advantageous.
- Familiarity with networking and SQL would be advantageous.
- Familiarity with experimental processes would be advantageous.
- Able to interpret engineering and electrical drawings.
- Skilled in all office products.
- A robust experimental mind-set that can troubleshoot problems in a logical manner.
- Ability to create and maintain concise experimental documents and summaries.
- Effective communication skills across all levels of a business.
- Is proactive, able to work independently, but draw in other resources to achieve their goals.
- Creates an inclusive environment and can take others on the journey.
- Remains open-minded and approachable at all times.
- Takes personal responsibility for delivering outcomes.
- Creative - not afraid to challenge established thinking.
What do I do now?
- Apply using the Apply button on this page
Who are we?
Sourced is a specialist IT Recruitment Agency primarily focused on permanent & contract positions within the Christchurch, Auckland, and wider New Zealand, IT and Technology sector.
Jobseekers come back to us time after time as we look out for them and provide sound, unbiased guidance throughout their careers. Our clients keep coming back because we do what we say we’ll do, working to genuinely understand their business, their culture and their unique dynamic. Keep up to date with all that is happening in your local IT and Technology market by registering with us now at www.sourced.kiwi
Overseas and New Zealand bound?
We work with candidates from all over the globe, every day. If you have made your decision to move to New Zealand and your plans are firmly underway, please get in touch by registering with us. We have clients who are sourcing specialised IT disciplines and are ready and willing to talk to you.