Manufacturing Software Engineer (Android - 12 month Fixed Term)
Contact: Michelle Bishop
Thank you, your Application has been submitted...
What’s in it for me?
Trimble Navigation is a leading provider of advanced positioning solutions, with products in use in over 141 countries around the world, with employees based in more than 30 countries. Though best known for GPS technology, Trimble integrates a wide range of positioning technologies including GPS, laser, optical and inertial technologies with application software, wireless communications, and services to provide complete commercial solutions.
A long standing employer in Christchurch, Trimble New Zealand offers career opportunities across a range of business units represented here, including GIS Data Collection, Heavy Civil Construction (Machine Control and Software Solutions), Precision Agriculture, and Land Survey.
This is an opportunity to work within Trimble’s Mobile Computing Solutions (MCS) group, where the focus is on developing best-of-class tablet and handheld devices.
What would I be doing?
The Android Platform team has a fixed-term need for an experienced, self-motivated, detail-oriented Manufacturing Software Engineer who has a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and complex software development environment.
Ideally coming from a background in software development applied to manufacturing test, the Manufacturing Software Engineer will develop and maintain the infrastructure needed to integrate a new Android platform into an existing MES/ factory-floor test infrastructure.
The manufacturing test and configuration infrastructure relies on distributed components running across the desktop, Android and Windows platforms, coordinated by back-end web-services. Success in this position involves working effectively with the Hardware, Firmware, Back-End Software and Product Engineers, demonstrating a set of fundamental software engineering skills that result in predictability in engineering, scheduling and quality.
- Design and implementation of functional-test communications infrastructure for Android products connecting to an existing PC-based (MS Windows) factory-floor test framework.
- Implementing device-side test software for Android platforms using Android Studio or other development environment.
- Implementing controlling software for test fixtures or other associated test equipment used in manufacturing test processes.
What do I need?
The position requires a motivated team player with a strong and proven background in Software Development within an Android environment. Successful applicants will be committed to quality and will demonstrate a dedicated, yet flexible approach to work. Excellent communication skills are also essential. Required qualifications and competencies include:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Proficient in Android application development in Java
- Hardware-oriented or manufacturing experience highly desirable
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented programming techniques
- Good understanding of operating systems, software architecture, algorithms and engineering principles.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Minimum 3-5 years of software development experience
What do I do now?
- Call MICHELLE BISHOP if you would like more information on (03) 928 1402
- Apply using the Apply button on this page
Who are we?
Sourced is a specialist IT Recruitment Agency primarily focused on permanent & contract positions within the Christchurch IT market.
Jobseekers come back to us time after time as we look out for them and provide sound, unbiased guidance throughout their careers. Our clients keep coming back because we do what we say we’ll do, working to genuinely understand their business, their culture and their unique dynamic. Keep up to date with all that is happening in your local IT and Technology market by registering with us now at www.sourced.kiwi
Overseas and New Zealand bound?
We work with candidates from all over the globe, every day. If you have made your decision to move to New Zealand and your plans are firmly underway, please get in touch by registering with us. We have clients who are sourcing specialised IT disciplines and are ready and willing to talk to you.