Software Architect / Tech Lead - Trimble New Zealand
Contact: Michelle Bishop
Thank you, your Application has been submitted...
What’s in it for me?
Sourced are working with Trimble New Zealand recruiting for a Software Architect/ Tech Lead to fill an opportunity within Virtual Site Solutions (VSS). VSS is a joint venture between Trimble and Caterpillar Inc. responsible for the development of Web and Mobile Telematics IoT software solutions for the construction industry. The joint venture is a globally distributed team with offices in Westminster, CO; Christchurch, New Zealand; and Chennai, India.
The candidate will have the opportunity to gain excellent on-the-job experience working for a fast-moving software division building full-stack microservices. You will develop performant, scalable applications that are translated into 23 languages and used in 192 countries. Applications run in Amazon Web Services and you will leverage AngularJS, WebPack, Bootstrap, TypeScript, NodeJS, C# .NET Core and Apache Kafka. Come join us if you like solving hard scaling problems that involve billions of rows.
What would I be doing?
Interesting problems you can help us solve include:
- Scale throughput of processing messages from construction equipment located all over the globe
- Improve performance of aggregating data across billions of rows
- Identifying technology trends early that result in increased team velocity decreased total costs of ownership
It is anticipated that our Technical Lead will demonstrate the following:
- Expert level experience with AngularJS and .NET WebAPI2 api development
- Experience with Test-Driven Development, Integration testing and Agile processes
- Ability to move from high level design into details.
- Database development experience. Comfort troubleshooting complex SQL statements.
- Both hands-on and delegation skills. Is able to perform challenging coding tasks but also understands how to delegate and coach others for growth.
- Willingness to coordinate with teams in other timezones for shared code or data
- Self-driven professional able to work in a team environment, demonstrating a high personal interest in areas of software development and committed to producing high quality work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic. Tenacious, Grit, Resolve
- Having a flexible approach to working in a changing environment
- Willing and able to mentor others in a team environment
- TypeScript, Bootstrap, Webpack
- Docker swarm or kubernetes deployment
- Jenkins and CI deployment
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services
- Apache Kafka
- Experience developing large-scale distributed systems
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
Apply using the Apply button on this page
Who are we?
Sourced is a specialist IT Recruitment Agency primarily focused on permanent & contract positions within the Christchurch, Auckland, and wider New Zealand, IT and Technology sector.
Jobseekers come back to us time after time as we look out for them and provide sound, unbiased guidance throughout their careers. Our clients keep coming back because we do what we say we’ll do, working to genuinely understand their business, their culture and their unique dynamic. Keep up to date with all that is happening in your local IT and Technology market by registering with us now at www.sourced.kiwi
Overseas and New Zealand bound?
We work with candidates from all over the globe, every day. If you have made your decision to move to New Zealand and your plans are firmly underway, please get in touch by registering with us. We have clients who are sourcing specialised IT disciplines and are ready and willing to talk to you.