Senior Mechanical / Hydraulic Engineer
Contact: Chris Woods
Thank you, your Application has been submitted...
What’s in it for me?
This is your opportunity to work for an iconic New Zealand manufacturing company proud of its local and international reputation for being a market leader in its field and for maintaining end to end manufacturing in New Zealand. You will work within a manufacturing environment where materials come onto site in their raw state and leave as a engineering masterpiece.
You will be joining a team of dedicated and intelligent engineers who are rarely involved in product improvement but instead work predominantly with new systems and ideas. You will be given every opportunity to excel utilising your expert SolidWorks skills and ideally your experience with ANSYS.
What would I be doing?
The primary purpose of the role is to provide new design solutions for development projects with an acute focus on manufacturability, in-service product life cycle and commercial requirements. This position has a particular responsibility for the design and specification of hydraulic systems.
The role is responsible for ensuring that new designs meet technical, quality and reliability targets through the completion of engineering calculations, the planning and execution of development programmes, generation of technical reports and risk assessments, and creation/maintenance of related documentation.
Further, the role will undertake research into new technologies, development processes, mechanical design concepts, materials and industrial components for applicability to future products.
The outputs of all these activities includes detailed drawings, specifications, calculations and reports compiled in accordance to the company standards, practices and procedures.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide input into product requirements specifications and carry out design feasibility studies.
- Engineering design of all mechanical / hydraulic elements, principally using 3D CAD.
- Analysis and review of component and assembly designs, ensuring fitness for purpose and DFM targets are achieved.
- Execute the design of components, assemblies and tooling from concept to detailed embodiment, principally using 3D CAD, in accordance with the product requirements specification and project delivery requirements.
- Maintain a strong customer and applications focus (servicing, maintenance, product life cycle, product reliability, ease of installation) in all design activities and ensure all known current product problems are considered during new product design.
- Maintain a strong focus on design for manufacture (DFM) to ensure the product can be manufactured to the agreed specifications and tolerances at minimum cost within the constraints of available resources.
- Ensure all drawings and design documents are reviewed according to the Company procedures and when necessary, assist with Product Manual content for the technical authors.
What do I need?
We invite applications from Degree qualified or higher, senior level Mechanical / Hydraulic Engineers who can demonstrate the following:
- Product design, development and testing experience in a manufacturing organisation, preferably with low to medium volume industrial products or capital equipment.
- A thorough understanding of hydraulic system and circuit design.
- Capable of independently investigating complex technical issues relating to mechanical & hydraulic system design and manufacturing.
- Well-developed general mechanical engineering knowledge.
- Sound 3D CAD capability.
- A working knowledge of structural requirements.
- An understanding of Design for Manufacture (D4M).
What do I do now?
- Call CHRIS WOODS if you would like more information on (03) 9282316
- Apply using the Apply button on this page
Who are we?
Sourced is a specialist IT Recruitment Agency primarily focused on permanent & contract positions within the Christchurch IT market.
Jobseekers come back to us time after time as we look out for them and provide sound, unbiased guidance throughout their careers. Our clients keep coming back because we do what we say we’ll do, working to genuinely understand their business, their culture and their unique dynamic. Keep up to date with all that is happening in your local IT and Technology market by registering with us now at www.sourced.kiwi
Overseas and New Zealand bound?
We work with candidates from all over the globe, every day. If you have made your decision to move to New Zealand and your plans are firmly underway, please get in touch by registering with us. We have clients who are sourcing specialised IT disciplines and are ready and willing to talk to you.