Junior Business Analyst /Product Owner
Contact: Michelle Bishop
Thank you, your Application has been submitted...
We seek to appoint a motivated, driven Junior Business Analyst/Product Owner in a brand new role for Wellington Drive, a New Zealand owned, global market leading Engineering business. Working between Product Management and an Agile Delivery team, you will provide the analysis and support integral to the successful delivery of this Kiwi success stories IoT solutions.
What’s in it for me?
Wellington Drive’s mission is to deliver solutions to solve its customers’ commercial refrigeration, energy efficiency and system control problems, through the development of Advanced Electronic Motors, Airflow Solutions and Intelligent Refrigeration Controllers. Personal service, reliable products, smart solutions and relentless pursuit of excellence ensure Wellington Drive leads the competition and builds a world-class company.
Small, specialised and focussed, not a large faceless and diversified monolith, Wellington Drive are technology leaders with an engineering team that's among the best in the industry. This is your opportunity to take a pivotal role in a growing organisation.
What would I be doing?
As a Business Analyst/Product Owner you will be working between the Product Manager and Agile Delivery team supporting the facilitation, development and support of Wellington Drive's IoT platforms and applications.
You will be managing incoming change and bug fix requests, liaising with sales engineers in the field to understand issues and define resulting change requirements for the development team. Grooming and managing the product backlog you will ensure product delivery timelines and outputs are well understood across the business, and act as a product expert to support regional applications engineers.
At a higher level you will also participate in specification, design, documentation, improvement and maintenance of processes and practices related to development and management of IoT products.
What do I need?
We are seeking a disciplined and detailed individual, ideally early to mid career point and interested in continuing to develop their career within the BA/Product Owner disciplines within an Engineering environment. You will be able to work well within a flexible and fluid environment, with a strong appreciation of the growth and technical advances unique to the hi-tech Engineering sector.
You will maintain a professional approach and have the confidence and communication skills to effectively work with a range of Engineering professionals based in various international locations, and operating at various levels. You will be engaged in Wellington Drive’s vision to be the world-class standard for intelligent refrigeration control systems, and enjoy working in a collaborative, high quality, agile development environment.
It is expected that the successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Three years’ experience in a relevant role, ideally within an Engineering/IoT/physical products environment.
- At least a year working as a BA or Product Owner within a full stack development team.
- Tertiary Qualification in Computer Science/Software Engineering or other relevant field.
- Experience working with remote offshore manufacturing and supplier bases would be a distinct advantage.
What do I do now?
- Via a covering letter, tell us what you can bring to Wellington Drive as it evolves through exciting growth and development phases.
- Apply using the Apply button on this page, ensuring you include an overview of what will set you apart from the rest.
- Call Michelle Bishop, Lead Consultant, Sourced Ltd on +64 3 928 1402 for a confidential discussion.