Senior Electronics Engineer (Hardware)
Contact: Michelle Bishop
Thank you, your Application has been submitted...
We seek to appoint an experienced, motivated, Senior Electronics Engineer (Hardware) in a brand new role for Wellington Drive Technologies, a New Zealand owned, global market leading high-tech manufacturing business. Supporting the Hardware Team Lead you will be integral to the successful delivery of this established and growing company’s product range.
What’s in it for me?
Wellington Drive supplies hardware and software technology solutions to the world’s food & beverage and retail industries, serving global giant brands. The company prides itself on technical excellence, quality, and specialised knowledge of its customers’ business. This is your opportunity to take a leadership role in developing that culture, design products which will be manufactured by the hundreds of thousands and used around the globe by big-name users, and play a pivotal part within a growing organisation.
Wellington offers a very flexible work environment, the opportunity to join a highly capable team, and the chance to work with a wide range of technologies including power electronics, sensing and control, and the Internet of Things (IoT).
What would I be doing?
You will take on a design lead role within the engineering department, acting as a technical peer for the Hardware Team Lead, and as a lead designer and architect for product development of complex electronic products which will be manufactured in high volume.
You will help to support, mentor and grow an existing team of engineers operating at a range of levels, and enjoy access to a broad range of NPD and product support challenges.
What do I need?
We are seeking an experienced Hardware Engineer who is a natural “starter” with a strong design/creative orientation. You will exhibit the mana necessary to earn respect from, and guide/mentor, technical peers and juniors, and have demonstrated success within a similar Engineering environment.
You will be engaged in Wellington Drive’s vision to be the world-class standard for intelligent refrigeration systems, and enjoy working in a collaborative, high quality, engineering environment.
It is expected that the successful candidate will demonstrate:
- 7+ years of Hardware Design experience
- At least 3 years experience within a volume manufacturing environment, designing power electronics products
- Tertiary Qualification in Electronic Engineering
- Experience working with remote offshore manufacturing and customers would be a distinct advantage.
What do I do now?
- Via a covering letter, tell us what you can bring to Wellington Drive as it evolves through exciting growth and development phases.
- Apply using the Apply button on this page, ensuring you include an overview of what will set you apart from the rest.
- Call Michelle Bishop, Lead Consultant, Sourced Ltd on +64 3 928 1402 for a confidential discussion.