Senior Mechatronics Engineer
Contact: Chris Woods
Thank you, your Application has been submitted...
What’s in it for me?
This is your opportunity to work for an iconic New Zealand manufacturing company proud of its local and international reputation for being a market leader in its field and for maintaining end to end manufacturing in New Zealand. You will work within a manufacturing environment where materials come onto site in their raw state and leave as an engineering masterpiece.
What would I be doing?
Within this role you be charged with implementing mechatronic design solutions for electronic control products that meet functional, performance, manufacturing and commercial requirements. You will ensure seamless electro-mechanical integration and will collaborate with design stakeholders in engineering, manufacturing and supply chain. The outputs of your activity are detailed drawings, specifications, calculations and reports that guarantee the “success assured” nature of the designs and the suitability for the production systems.
Specific responsibilities include:
Product Design and Development -
- Design and analysis of both mechanical and electronic elements of electronic control system modules and electro-mechanical sub-assemblies.
- Provide best-practice mechatronics integration expertise to mechanical and electronics engineers.
- Develop and document proprietary (in-house) engineering knowledge standards using Knowledge Driven Product Development principles.
Design for Manufacture -
- Maintain a strong focus on design for manufacture (DFM) to ensure the product can be manufactured to the agreed specifications and tolerances at minimum cost.
- Critically assess manufacturability during the entire design process done in conjunction with manufacturing and supply chain stakeholders.
- Provide commonality of parts and assemblies as much as practically possible across the controls products.
Mechanical and Electronic Drawings and Documentation -
- Generation of part and assembly drawings including schematics and PCBA layout files to the Company standards and reviewing design documents of the same.
- Provide information as necessary for the generation of manufacturing assembly instructions by Production Engineering.
- PCBA production test and Mechanical production test and calibration requirements are provided to production engineering.
What do I need?
We invite applications from Degree (Mechatronics or Mechanical) qualified or higher, Senior Mechatronics Engineers who can demonstrate the following:
- A minimum of 7 years experience specifically in mechanical and electrical product design and development in a manufacturing organisation, with a strong preference for experience in electro-mechanical products.
- Experience in products involving human - machine interfaces.
- Experience in a senior technical role in the development of a complex product.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, confident in technical discussion within a multidisciplinary team and with customers.
- Experience with CAN communication protocols is desirable and some software engineering knowledge is advantageous but not essential.
What do I do now?
- Call CHRIS WOODS if you would like more information on (03) 9282316
- Apply using the Apply button on this page
Who are we?
Sourced is a specialist IT Recruitment Agency primarily focused on permanent & contract positions within the Christchurch IT market.
Jobseekers come back to us time after time as we look out for them and provide sound, unbiased guidance throughout their careers. Our clients keep coming back because we do what we say we’ll do, working to genuinely understand their business, their culture and their unique dynamic. Keep up to date with all that is happening in your local IT and Technology market by registering with us now at www.sourced.kiwi
Overseas and New Zealand bound?
We work with candidates from all over the globe, every day. If you have made your decision to move to New Zealand and your plans are firmly underway, please get in touch by registering with us. We have clients who are sourcing specialised IT disciplines and are ready and willing to talk to you.