Mobile Developer - Dynamic Controls
Contact: Jessica Massey
Thank you, your Application has been submitted...
What’s in it for me?
Headquartered in Christchurch with teams across Asia, UK and Europe and the USA, Dynamic Controls are a truly global brand. With a proud history of innovation and thought leadership, they are one of the world’s leading designers and manufacturers of electronic controls for power wheelchairs and scooters, which enable people to live life to the full. Dynamic Controls live by their values and value their customers and their people.
With a significant road map planned for new systems and technologies, including a strong push into mobile, cloud and iOT solutions, they're looking for driven and self-motivated team members to join them. Newly created positions within ambitious, collaborative, agile teams, you'll have a genuine opportunity to influence the development of new products and services, within a professional team orientated environment.
A long standing employer in Christchurch, Dynamic Controls offers significant benefits to their teams, including latest technologies, a strong focus on research and development, and an internal culture second to none. Employees are recognised through a range of benefits and enjoy an active social club, and benefit from a continued commitment to innovation and new product solution development.
With a significant growth path ahead, now is most definitely the time to be coming onboard. We are actively recruiting Android, iOS, Front and Back End Web and C++ Developers now!
What would I be doing?
As a Mobile Developer, you will be responsible for developing Android and iOS apps, and collaborating with other technical experts in this field. This is a hands-on development role, and the software that you develop will be interacting with embedded software and with cloud solutions. You will be working closely with UX designers to make their user-facing vision a reality.
Key tasks include:
- App development in Swift & Android Studio
- Software development, including: specification documentation; design; review; communication.
- Supporting testing activities, in conjunction with the team's testing experts.
- Contributing to the identification, analysis and mitigation of risks in the medical software that we develop.
- Sharing your technical expertise, and helping team members develop their technical knowledge and skills.
- Creating opportunities to build a sense of community across the function.
What do I need?
We are looking for experienced professionals with 2 or more years of iOS Software and/or Android Development experience, ideally teamed with a Bachelor's Degree in a Technical/Engineering field. You will be well versed in current and best practice software application design and testing techniques and methodologies, and have experience in App design for interfaces to/from mobile devices. Experience in leading technical decision making and helping others understand technical aspects related to the field would be highly beneficial.
Key skills and knowledge for the Android Developer include:
- 2+ years commercial App development
- Experience with using Android Studio and Bluetooth LE (BLE)
- Experience with using Swift, Xcode
- Great communication skills with a passion for fast-paced development of high-quality apps
- Experience creating applications with great user experience, possibly with secure data storage/transport.
What do I do now?
To be considered for this role, you must have the legal right to work in New Zealand and be available to attend a face to face interview in Christchurch if shortlisted.
Please register your interest by applying now, or for a confidential discussion contact Jessica Massey, Recruitment Consultant at Sourced Ltd on 03 928 1401.