Web / UI Architect
Contact: Michelle Bishop
Thank you, your Application has been submitted...
What’s in it for me?
Trimble Navigation is a leading provider of advanced positioning solutions, with products in use in over 141 countries around the world, with employees based in more than 30 countries. Though best known for GPS technology, Trimble integrates a wide range of positioning technologies including GPS, laser, optical and inertial technologies with application software, wireless communications, and services to provide complete commercial solutions.
A long standing employer in Christchurch, Trimble New Zealand offers career opportunities across a range of business units represented here, including GIS Data Collection, Heavy Civil Construction (Machine Control and Software Solutions), Precision Agriculture, and Land Survey.
The CTCT division (a joint venture between Trimble and Caterpillar) develops positioning and control products for earthmoving and paving machines in the construction and mining industries, using technologies such as GPS, optical total stations, lasers and sonics. The products are used in a range of applications where the operator of the machine benefits from having accurate horizontal and vertical guidance.
What would I be doing?
The Web/UI Architect is responsible for continuing to develop and evolve the software architecture that underpins world class user interface software, within a fast paced, dynamic environment. Success in this position involves:
- Continued development and evolution of a mature Web/UI Application Architecture, focused on Android and Web interfaces that sit over machine control applications
- Collaborating with the application domain experts and other software developers across multiple international sites to deliver identified customer value
- Demonstrating a set of fundamental software architecture skills that result in predictability in engineering, scheduling and the quality of products developed
What do I need?
The position requires a motivated team player with a strong and proven background in Software Architecture within an Android and/or Web (Angular) environment. Successful applicants will be committed to quality and will demonstrate a dedicated, yet flexible approach to work. Excellent communication skills are also essential. Required qualifications and competencies include:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in computer science, engineering, mechatronics or equivalent
- Minimum five years of experience developing Web browser/Android UI applications
- Recent demonstrated experience at a Software Architect level
- Experience within a large and complex product development environment
What do I do now?
Call MICHELLE BISHOP if you would like more information on (03) 928 1402
Apply using the Apply button on this page
Who are we?
Sourced is a specialist IT Recruitment Agency primarily focused on permanent & contract positions within the Christchurch IT market.
Jobseekers come back to us time after time as we look out for them and provide sound, unbiased guidance throughout their careers. Our clients keep coming back because we do what we say we’ll do, working to genuinely understand their business, their culture and their unique dynamic. Keep up to date with all that is happening in your local IT and Technology market by registering with us now at www.sourced.kiwi
Overseas and New Zealand bound?
We work with candidates from all over the globe, every day. If you have made your decision to move to New Zealand and your plans are firmly underway, please get in touch by registering with us. We have clients who are sourcing specialised IT disciplines and are ready and willing to talk to you.