Software Development Engineer
Contact: Chris Woods
Thank you, your Application has been submitted...
What’s in it for me?
Our client is an iconic NZ brand known for its pioneering innovation in the manufacture of waterjet propulsion systems for high-speed marine craft. By joining this team you will work with inspirational and intelligent people who everyday design and develop world class technology. You will enjoy variety and challenge within a dynamic workplace.
What would I be doing?
Working closely within a larger group of multi-disciplined team members including electronic hardware, test, system and mechatronics engineers, your software team will be tasked with embedded development for a new control system.
You will work in an agile development environment where:
- structured code is created and peer reviewed
- unit testing is undertaken regularly
- documentation is produced during the code development process in a way that others can use and understand
- specifications are a fundamental basis to guide, evaluate and test the code produced
- the utilisation of library code is used for common functions
- the use of version control is mandatory
- a bug-tracking system is employed and managed
What do I need?
We seek degree qualified (Computer Engineering or Mechatronics) engineers with around 2 years experience who to be considered for this role must be experienced in all of the following:
- C/C++ for embedded applications on RTOS platforms
- Windows based IDE and Visual Studio.
- Microprocessors, preferably STM32 family
- Communication protocols, preferably CAN
- Scripting languages, preferably Python
What do I do now?
- Call CHRIS WOODS if you would like more information on (03) 928 2316
- Apply using the Apply button on this page
Who are we?
Sourced is a specialist IT Recruitment Agency primarily focused on permanent & contract positions within the Christchurch IT market.
Jobseekers come back to us time after time as we look out for them and provide sound, unbiased guidance throughout their careers. Our clients keep coming back because we do what we say we’ll do, working to genuinely understand their business, their culture and their unique dynamic. Keep up to date with all that is happening in your local IT and Technology market by registering with us now at www.sourced.kiwi
Overseas and New Zealand bound?
We work with candidates from all over the globe, every day. If you have made your decision to move to New Zealand and your plans are firmly underway, please get in touch by registering with us. We have clients who are sourcing specialised IT disciplines and are ready and willing to talk to you.