Android Platform Build and Test Engineer (12 month Fixed Term)
Contact: Michelle Bishop
Thank you, your Application has been submitted...
What’s in it for me?
Trimble Navigation is a leading provider of advanced positioning solutions, with products in use in over 141 countries around the world, with employees based in more than 30 countries. Though best known for GPS technology, Trimble integrates a wide range of positioning technologies including GPS, laser, optical and inertial technologies with application software, wireless communications, and services to provide complete commercial solutions.
A long standing employer in Christchurch, Trimble New Zealand offers career opportunities across a range of business units represented here, including GIS Data Collection, Heavy Civil Construction (Machine Control and Software Solutions), Precision Agriculture, and Land Survey.
This is an opportunity to work within Trimble’s Mobile Computing Solutions (MCS) group, where the focus is on developing best-of-class tablet and handheld devices.
What would I be doing?
Our Android platform team has a fixed-term need for an experienced, self-motivated, detail-oriented Build and Test Engineer who has a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and complex software build environment. Ideally coming from a background setting up and/or maintaining automated build system, the Build and Test Engineer will develop and maintain automated build scripts and tools that will improve the efficiency of our continuous integration build-and-release process. Additionally, they will oversee the execution of testing procedures needed to confirm to the Android Compatibility requirements (CTS testing).
- Develop and maintain a multi-site automated build support infrastructure for Android platforms using Git, Gerrit and Jenkins in a linux environment.
- Implement a testing regime for ensuring MCS’ Android devices conform to the Android Compatibility Definition Document using the Android CTS, CTSV and other required test frameworks.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks, often under time pressure.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in English, both verbally and in writing.
What do I need?
Successful applicants will be committed to quality and will demonstrate a dedicated, yet flexible approach to work. Excellent communication skills are also essential. Required qualifications and competencies include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- 2 years of experience working in or maintaining a Continuous Integration environment using Jenkins / Gerrit / Git
- Experience working with Cross-compilers and other firmware development tools
- Experience with Windows Command, Linux shell scripting, Python
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Familiarity with consumer hardware development process and lifecycle
What do I do now?
- Call MICHELLE BISHOP if you would like more information on (03) 928 1402
- Apply using the Apply button on this page
Who are we?
Sourced is a specialist IT Recruitment Agency primarily focused on permanent & contract positions within the Christchurch IT market.
Jobseekers come back to us time after time as we look out for them and provide sound, unbiased guidance throughout their careers. Our clients keep coming back because we do what we say we’ll do, working to genuinely understand their business, their culture and their unique dynamic. Keep up to date with all that is happening in your local IT and Technology market by registering with us now at www.sourced.kiwi
Overseas and New Zealand bound?
We work with candidates from all over the globe, every day. If you have made your decision to move to New Zealand and your plans are firmly underway, please get in touch by registering with us. We have clients who are sourcing specialised IT disciplines and are ready and willing to talk to you.