Android Developer - Dynamic Controls
Contact: Jessica Massey
Thank you, your Application has been submitted...
What's in it for me?
Headquartered in Christchurch with teams across Asia, UK and Europe and the USA, Dynamic Controls are a truly global brand. With a proud history of innovation and thought leadership, they are one of the world's leading designers and manufacturers of electronic controls for power wheelchairs and scooters, which enable people to live life to the full. Dynamic Controls live by their values and value their customers and their people.
With a significant road map planned for new systems and technologies, including a strong push into mobile, cloud and iOT solutions, they're looking for driven and self-motivated team members to join them. Newly created positions within ambitious, collaborative, agile teams, you'll have a genuine opportunity to influence the development of new products and services, within a professional team orientated environment.
A long standing employer in Christchurch, Dynamic Controls offers significant benefits to their teams, including latest technologies, a strong focus on research and development, and an internal culture second to none. Employees are recognised through a range of benefits and enjoy an active social club, and benefit from a continued commitment to innovation and new product solution development.
With a significant growth path ahead, now is most definitely the time to be coming onboard.
We are actively recruiting Android, iOS, Front and Back End Web and C++ Developers now!
What would I be doing?
As the Android Developer Senior, you will be responsible for developing Android apps, and providing technical expertise in this field. A key component of the role is to provide hands-on leadership of Android apps development, including effective communication of technical outcomes and risks, and providing development opportunities to less experienced team members to enable them to achieve their potential.
Key tasks include:
App development in Android Studio
● Software development at an advanced level of competence, including: specification documentation; design; review; communication.
● Supporting testing activities, in conjunction with the team's testing experts.
● Contributing to the identification, analysis and mitigation of risks in the medical software that we develop.
● Providing technical leadership in area of expertise, and helping team members develop their technical knowledge and skills.
● Creating opportunities to build a sense of community across the function.
What do I need?
We are ideally looking for experienced professionals with 4 or more years of Android Software Development experience, teamed with a Bachelor's Degree in a Technical/Engineering field. You will be well versed in current best practices of Android development, design and testing techniques and methodologies, and have experience in App design for interfaces to/from mobile devices. Experience in leading technical decision making and helping others understand technical aspects related to the field would be highly beneficial.
Key skills and Knowledge for the Android Developer include:
● 4+ years commercial App development
● Experience with using Android Studio and Bluetooth LE (BLE); and ideally some exposure to developing iOS in Swift
● A great communicator with a passion for fast-paced development of high-quality apps; be a natural mentor and teacher of more junior engineers
● Ability to use leadership skills at an interpersonal and technical level.
● Experience creating Apps with great user experience, possibly with secure data storage/transport. Experience in using Kotlin would be a bonus.
What do I do now?
Please register your interest by applying now, or for a confidential discussion contact Jessica Massey on 03 928 1401.